The Department, through a number of offices under its aegis, provides a wide variety of services to employers and employees in the area of workplace relations.
Workplace Relations Commission
The Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) has responsibility for information provision, workplace advice, mediation, conciliation, adjudication, inspection and enforcement in relation to employment rights, equality and equal status matters and industrial relations.
Information and Customer Service
The WRC Information and Customer Service (ICS) is responsible for:
- provision of information relating to employment rights, equality and industrial relations matters by means of a telephone call-in service manned by experienced Information Officers
- design and production of informational booklets, leaflets and other literature relating to employment rights, industrial relations and equality
- management of the Workplace Relations website
- receipt, registration and validation of all first instance complaints and disputes, and
- provision of information to relevant parties regarding the status of complaint and dispute referrals.
Information for Ukrainian nationals
Employment Rights in Ireland – Information for Ukrainian Nationals
Information and Customer Service, Workplace Relations Commission, O'Brien Road, Carlow, R93 E920.
Tel: 059 917 8990, 0818 80 80 90
Opening hours: 9.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
The Labour Court
The Labour Court is the single appellate body dealing with appeals under employment rights, equality and industrial relations legislation. In addition, it establishes Joint Labour Committees, registers Joint Industrial Councils and investigates Trade Disputes affecting the public interest.
The Labour Court, Lansdowne House, Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4, D04 A3A8.
Tel: 01 613 6666
Fax: 01 613 6667