16th January 2017
Galway based steel shed manufacturing company, Steeltech Sheds Ltd., today announced a major investment of €5million over the next three years and 43 new jobs in the next 12 months. The expansion is due to the major growth of the company domestically in the last year, following the creation of 50 Jobs in 2016 and the decision to further expand and export into the UK Market.
Headquartered in Tuam, Steeltech’s business involves the design, manufacture, delivery and installation of garden sheds, workshops, home offices, garages, garden rooms, garden studios and chalets. All products are made from steel and custom made on request.
The €5million investment over the next three years by the company will see funding in capital, people, IT, innovation, R&D and sales and marketing allowing Steeltech Sheds to scale significantly over the next five to ten years.
Speaking at the announcement in Tuam today, Minister for Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation Mary Mitchell O’Connor TD, said: “As Minister my priority is to ensure an environment exists that nurtures development and job growth across the country and in particular the regions of Ireland. Today’s investment announcement by Steeltech Sheds, with the support of Enterprise Ireland, creating over 40 jobs here in Tuam is hugely welcome and of great significance to the local economy. Galway is a region with valuable resources, infrastructure and community – all the fundamentals required to scale a successful business. I warmly congratulate all the Steeltech team and wish them every success for the future.”
Sean Brett, Founder & CEO of Steeltech Sheds Ltd., said “This is a very exciting time for Steeltech Sheds. Since relocation to the new Tuam manufacturing plant in 2015, we have increased productivity by 90 percent, created 50 new jobs in 2016, and have expanded our export reach and operations into the UK and Northern Ireland market.”
“Over the last three months, we have set up sales show rooms in five locations in the UK and all manufacturing from UK sales will take please here in Tuam. Steeltech is thankful for the support Enterprise Ireland has given to date and I look forward to working with them as we expand and grow in the UK and Europe,” he continued.
Barry Egan, Director, West Region, Enterprise Ireland said: “Enterprise Ireland has worked closely with Steeltech over the past year and seen first-hand how the company has gone from strength-to-strength in a relatively short time period. This is a great example of how a rural location like Tuam can become home to a thriving business with the drive, commitment and global ambition to create 50 local jobs within a year with over 40 more to follow. Enterprise Ireland looks forward to continuing to support Steeltech as they enter into new markets and continue to scale creating jobs here in the West of Ireland.”
For further information please contact:
Fiona Keane, Steeltech Sheds: T: 087-9278943 firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicola Corboy, Press & Media Relations, Enterprise Ireland. T: 01-7272973 email@example.com
Notes to editor:
About Steeltech Sheds Ltd.
· The business of Steeltech and the original company Steeltech Garden Sheds Ltd is 22 years old and today under the name of Steeltech Sheds Ltd is Ireland’s largest manufacturer of steel garden sheds, is growing strongly at home and showing strong early export sales in the UK and Nth Ireland.
· Steeltech’ s business involves the design, manufacture, delivery and installation (in the client’s property) of garden sheds, workshops, workhouses, garages, garden rooms, garden studios and chalets. All products are entirely made from steel and, if requested, can be custom made.
· The business was established by Sean Brett and Shaun Brennan 21 years ago. Sean is the Entrepreneur with strong marketing and sales skills and was a finalist in the EY 2015 Entrepreneur of the Year award.
· The company has 15 sales yards in Ireland, one yard in Northern Ireland, one in Scotland and over the last 3 months four yards to date in the UK. 2017 will see a further six sales yards open in the UK this year.
· The company is highly accredited with CE mark accreditation
About Enterprise Ireland
Enterprise Ireland is the Irish State agency that works with Irish enterprises to help them start, grow, innovate and win export sales in global markets. Enterprise Ireland partners with entrepreneurs, Irish businesses, and the research and investment communities to develop Ireland’s international trade, innovation, leadership and competitiveness. In this way, we support sustainable economic growth and regional development, and help create and sustain employment in Ireland. www.enterprise-ireland.com
Back to Department News