The overall objective of the Corporate Services Division is to provide efficient and effective support to allow the wider Department to deliver on our broader strategic business goals responding and adapting to changing internal and external challenges. The Division consists of six Business Units across Human Resources, Governance and Management Supports (including Customer and Enterprise Information Services and FOI), Communications, Finance, ICT and Business Services.
The Division has a number of objectives including:
- To lead and manage our HR Function and deliver our Connected HR Strategy, workforce planning and learning and development;
- To ensure that the Department has sufficient capability and capacity to deliver on its overall vision and goals including through delivery of an Organisation Capability Review;
- To support our staff through wellbeing initiatives and flexible working options, to ensure a healthy work life balance for all;
- To fully participate in public service reform and Civil Service Renewal including through a number of in-house initiatives under the umbrella of our New Ways of Working initiative;
- To manage and deliver effective and efficient Information, Communication & Technological services and supports necessary to enable business units deliver on their core objective;
- To continue to seek efficiencies and improved customer service including through continuous focus on digital opportunities;
- To manage our vote and oversee our financial systems including the estimates process and capital and current funding reviews;
- To demonstrate excellence in corporate governance which will provide openness and transparency and ensure value for money;
- To coordinate a Department position on relevant matters and ensure compliance with a range of statutory obligations such as FOI, Official Languages, Protected Disclosures;
- To support Minister’s and colleagues in promoting the work of the Department externally and ensuring strong internal communications;
- To direct and implement the Department’s policies on accommodation, procurement and health and safety.
By doing so the Division seeks to achieve the following outcomes for the Department:
- A responsive, professional and flexible team;
- Effective systems that strategically support our business;
- A sound corporate governance culture;
- Value for money in the management of the Department’s funding.
Assistant Secretary: Pauline Mulligan
Units of Corporate Services Division
- Human Resources and Learning and Development
- Governance and Management Supports including Customer and Enterprise Information Services and FOI
- Business Services
Main contact points