We provide, principally through our agencies, a range of tailored supports for enterprise of all sizes in Ireland.
Supports include access to finance, management development, mentoring supports, business development programmes, market supports and trade promotion.
Supporting SMEs online tool
There are over 170 different government supports for Irish start-ups and small businesses. The online tool supportingSMEs.gov.ie helps Irish start-ups and SMEs to navigate the range of Government supports and identify which support may be most relevant to their business.
Local Enterprise Office
The network of 31 Local Enterprise Offices are the first stop shop to help start or develop a business.
Enterprise Ireland is responsible for supporting the development of manufacturing and internationally traded services companies.
InterTradeIreland supports businesses to take advantage of North/South co-operative opportunities.
Access to Finance
The state supports businesses to access finance through a number of measures:
- The Microenterprise Loan Fund Scheme provides loans to businesses employing less than 10 people.
- The COVID-19 Credit Guarantee Scheme will facilitate up to €2 billion in lending to eligible businesses that have been negatively impacted as a result of the outbreak of COVID-19.
- The Brexit Loan Scheme makes lending available to eligible Irish businesses that are exposed to current or future disruption as a result of the UK’s decision to withdraw from the EU.
- The COVID-19 Working Capital Scheme makes lending available to eligible Irish businesses that have been negatively impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19.
- The Future Growth Loan Scheme makes up to €800m in lending available to eligible Irish businesses to facilitate long term, strategic investment.
Standards and SMEs
If you are unsure how standards relate to your business, NSAI Standards is happy to guide you through the journey. The NSAI can assist in advising what standards are applicable to your product or service, no matter what your size or your sector. In addition, the NSAI can investigate if there are changes planned for the standards that you currently use.
Visit the SME portal focussed on Standards supports here: NSAI Standards: Supporting SMEs
The BusinessRegulation.ie portal help business owners to identify the main regulations which affect a business and to provide links to the relevant agencies and to highlight available guidance and tools.
Mapping of Supports
Mapping of the Support Environment for Entrepreneurs is a directory compiling over 850 public and private sector supports for small businesses and start ups including co-working spaces, accelerators, and mentoring and networking opportunities.
Contact our Enterprise Information Centre
Contact our Enterprise Information Centre for information on the wide range of supports available to help your business.
Tel: +353 1 631 2002