Accountants for MNC global audit services
With effect from 2 August 2016, the Critical Skills Occupations List has been amended to allow for the recruitment of certain accountants with skills required for global audit work by companies based in Ireland.
The criteria which are applied for grant of employment permits to such accountants are:
- Membership of AICPA (American), PICPA (Philippines) or ICAP (Pakistan)
- At least three years’ experience in US GAAP reporting. Experience with UK GAAP reporting is not one of the eligibility criteria.
- The work must be in global audit services.
It should be made clear in the application form that the employment is in respect of this niche competence, and that all criteria applying to the specific employment is being met. Evidence of membership of one of the three specified bodies must be submitted with the application.
Foreign nationals who do not meet these criteria and who wish to work in an accountancy role in Ireland must be registered with, or have their qualifications fully recognised on the basis of a Mutual Recognition Agreement by, one of the following Irish accountancy accreditation bodies, as specified in the Employment Permits Regulations:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Association of International Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
- Institute of Incorporated Public Accountants
Employment Permits Section
21 August 2019