RFT to provide legal research and legislative drafting services in the area of Irish commercial law
The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment is seeking tenders through the eTenders platform from suitably qualified individuals for legal research services and drafting services in the area of Irish commercial law. It is proposed to establish two panels for two years, which can be extended for up to a further two years.
The job descriptions are as follows:
Legal Researcher in Irish Commercial Law
Successful tenderers will work with department officials providing research on a range of legal policy projects including, but not limited to:
- supporting the Company Law Review Group Committees and subgroups
- conducting research on consumer law matters (for example, frustrated contracts, on consolidation of legislation) in order to inform the department’s development of specific legislative proposals/provisions)
Legislative Drafter in Irish Commercial Law
Successful tenderers will work with department officials providing drafting on a range of legal policy projects including, but not limited to:
- preparing Heads of a General Scheme of a Bill
- supporting the department in negotiations and the transposing of EU Directives
- supporting Regulatory Impact Analysis and Post-Enactment Assessments
- drafting legislation
The services will be undertaken on a contract basis, and the individuals contracted will not be an employee of the department, nor will any employment relationship arise. The legal researcher or drafter must have the capacity to undertake the research remotely. The legal researcher or drafter may be required, subject to government and public health guidance, to attend the offices of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Earlsfort Centre, Dublin 2, or other Dublin locations during the period of the contract.
Link: RFT to provide legal assistance in the form of legal research and legislative drafting services in the area of Irish commercial law
Closing date: 19 December 2022