The IAASA was established pursuant to the provisions of Part 2 of the Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Act 2003.
Having regard to its statutory objects, functions and powers the Authority’s principal goals are:
- Supervision of how the Prescribed Accountancy Bodies (PABs) regulate and monitor their members;
- Monitoring of the periodic financial reporting of certain entities whose securities have been admitted to trading on a regulated market in the EU;
- Carrying out certain functions in respect of liquidators;
- Promotion of adherence to high professional standards in the auditing and accountancy profession;
- Acting as a specialist source of advice to the Minister for Jobs, Business Enterprise and Innovation on auditing and accounting matters;
- External quality assurance of the auditors of listed companies, credit institutions and insurance undertakings to ensure a high quality of audit; and
- Adoption and maintenance of the audit framework for Ireland.
Tel: +353 (0) 45 983 600
Fax: +353 (0) 45 983 601