17th February 2021 |
The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals to carry out legal research on behalf of the Department in the area of company law.
The Department would welcome expressions of interest from individuals who possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A primary degree in law, or a multi-disciplinary degree with a significant law element, to at least a Second-Class Honours standard, or a Masters Degree in law.
- As an alternative to the above, a candidate who has been admitted to the Roll of Solicitors, or who has been called to the Bar, in the State.
- Experience in legal research, whether as part of a degree course, or in an employment context.
- Experience in company law, or commercial law, in practice, is desirable but not essential.
The research will be undertaken on a contract basis, and the individual concerned will not be an employee of the Department, nor will any employment relationship arise. The legal researcher must have the capacity to undertake the research remotely. The legal researcher may be required, subject to Government and public health guidance, to attend the offices of the Department, Earlsfort Centre, Dublin 2, during the period of the contract. It is envisaged that the research contract will exist for a period of approximately six months.
For all candidates that satisfactorily meet the qualification criteria set out above, the expressions of interest will then be evaluated having regard to the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Irish and EU law
- Knowledge of Irish company law
- Demonstrated ability to conduct legal research
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects within required timeframes
It is envisaged that shortlisted candidates may be required to make a presentation to the Department as part of the selection process.
Any queries or requests for clarification relating to any aspect of this request for expressions of interest may be directed to email@example.com. All queries and requests for clarification will be responded to by email.
Expressions of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date and time for receipt of expressions of interest is 5pm, Wednesday, 3 March 2021.