6th July - 6th July 2023
Dublin Castle, Dame St, Dublin 2
The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment is hosting a conference on the benefits of Free Trade Agreements for Irish businesses, particularly SMEs, on 6 July 2023.
The conference will be addressed by senior government and EU speakers. In addition, expert panels will discuss evolving trade policy including the increased opportunities offered by Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) and the government supports available to help access them.
The overarching goal of our Trade and Investment Strategy: Value for Ireland, Values for the World, is to see Ireland grow sustainably, diversify our export markets, and support continued prosperity and higher living standards for the people of Ireland. The strategy sets out several priority actions including promoting the benefits of FTAs already in place, and ensuring ease of access to Irish and EU information on how Irish companies can readily trade with partner countries.
The Trade Horizons Conference aims to maximise Ireland’s return from FTAs and will feature:
- remarks by Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Simon Coveney and Minister of State, Dara Calleary
- panel discussions on evolving trade policy and the increased opportunities presented by FTAs
- keynote address by Sabine Weyand, Director General for Trade for the European Commission
- experts on hand to talk you through the range of government supports available
- opportunity to network and connect with other businesses who have already embarked on their export journey
If you want to learn how to access exciting new trading opportunities and unlock the potential for a more profitable and sustainable future for your business then this event is for you.
The conference will be held in Dublin Castle on Thursday, 6 July 2023 at 9.30am.
Register for the conference now
Trade and Investment Strategy 2022-2026: Value for Ireland, Values for the World
Free Trade Agreements
Four EU Free Trade Agreements - Opportunities and Impacts for Ireland
SME and Entrepreneurship Growth Plan
Export information, advice and supports
Back to Department Events